I think Hannah prefers daytime baths to bedtime baths. Or maybe she prefers being in her tub when her tub is in the real bathtub, versus when her tub is on the counter in the kitchen. At any rate, her last few baths have been lots of fun. She especially likes to join me in singing bathtime songs, of which there are three.
BATH SONG 1 (to a jazzed up version of the tune to "What a Friend We Have in Jesus")
Hannah-poops is having bath time
Hannah-poops is getting clean (yes she is, you betcha)
Hannah-poops is in the bubbles
She is our little bath time Queen
Mommy's giving her a bath now
Mommy's washing Hannah-bean (yes she is, you betcha)
We have lots of fun at bath time
We like this whole bath-taking thing
BATH SONG 2 (my parents may have made this one up when we were kids)
Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap (bar of soap)
Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap (bar of soap)
I'd go slippy and a-slidey
Over everybody's heinie
Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap
Oh I wish I were a fishy in the sea (in the sea)
Oh I wish I were a fishy in the sea (in the sea)
I'd go swimmin' in the nude-y
Without my bathing suit-y
Oh I wish I were a fishy in the sea
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Thanks for the compliment, honey, but that song is way older than your parents!!! Now the song we used to teach you how to spell your name? That was totally original!!!
Don't we get to see a cute picture of this activity???
I remember bathing you to song #2!!
Cacky
Ah the bar of soap song...mom said we used to laugh hysterically at the heinie part! I love the other song. I made up a song the other day while singing to Morgan to stop kicking me in the bladder. I wish I could remember the whole thing...it was actually quite funny!
We used to sing the bar of soap song in girl scouts. There were many more verses. Oh I wish I were a little mo-skeet-do, then green canary (my fav as the next line is I'd go up on the steple and go "pppliiip" on the people), and then the last one is Oh, I wish I were a little ray-dee-o, ray-dee-o, I'd go CLICK.
Post a Comment