Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 21, 2006

On The Move

This week we finally bit the bullet and childproofed some more. The cabinets are locked, the baby gate is up at the top of the stairs, the crib is lowered to it's lowest possible setting, and still this child finds ways to strike terror into the heart of her mama. I guess nothing substitutes for eternal vigilance!

With the crib lowered, Hannah can now only get her nose over the railing. I had to lower it after the day I went to get her from a nap and she was experimenting with stepping on the crib bumper as if to hoist herself over the rail! Good thing I'm not prone to heart attacks!
"I know there must be at least ONE more toy in my toy box! AHA!"
Hannah tentatively practices taking a step to the side while holding on to the crib slats. Notice the fancy hat she is sporting - she hates hats but for some reason really took to wearing this one and I had to pry it off of her head in the face of loud protests because she really wanted to nap with it on too!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Now my opinion may change when I have my own kids... (people tell me it will on a lot of different fronts!) but I've always thought it would be easier to houseproof the child, than to childproof the house.

Jen said...

Woah... you bullet proofed the house too? :) I am sure it must feel like it, but really Catherine do you have more to worry about from your past work experience than you are letting on? hehehe
I am very glad you aren't prone to heart attacks. I had a baby fall out of the crib while I was baby-sitting once and I about had a heart attack!